The Tractor Assistant works closely with, and under the supervision of, the farm owner and our Tractor Manager. This is a full-time, seasonal position, starting April 1 and ending November 23. However, there are opportunities for long-term employment and advancement for the right candidate. This is a unique opportunity to gain further experience with the function and utilization of various tractors and implements on a mid-size farm scale by working alongside experienced farmers.
Pay: $11-13/hour, experience depending
Qualifications: This position requires previous farming experience on a small or mid-size farm [Please do not apply if you have zero tractor experience!]. Good communication skills and an ability to self manage are critical. Must have at least a basic knowledge of proper usage and care of mechanical equipment. Experience in customer service and with farmers’ markets a plus. Basic Spanish a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Performing various stages of tractor work [spading, discing, ripping, bed making, cultivating, seeding, fertilizing, spraying, mowing, grading, and other related tasks]
– Maintaining detailed records of inputs, plantings and other field activities
– Work closely with the Irrigation Manager to coordinate field moisture & tractor work- Participation in building and other projects as needed
– Assist at a Farmers’ Market every Sunday
– Occasional assistance with harvest
– Errand runs once or twice a month
To apply please send resume, including two references, and a cover letter to Darin at [email protected]
This position is a year-round, full time staff position (40-50hrs/week). Tuesday-Saturday
Pay: commensurate with experience ($13/hr-$16/hr) + Health insurance benefits
The Harvest Coordinator works closely with the Farm owners, Crew Leader, and CSA Coordinator, to plan and oversee harvest for 6-8 farmers’ markets, restaurant sales, and CSA. The Harvest Manager also coordinates our Farmer’s Market operations and marketeers.
Qualifications: This position requires strong people skills, conversational Spanish, a capacity to communicate with enthusiasm about farm products, and significant experience with the harvest and post-harvest handling of a diversity of vegetables/herbs/fruits. The ideal candidate will have two or more years experience working on a mixed vegetable farm and experience in sales.
This position is ideal for someone who has leadership skills, yet enjoys working on a team. The Harvest Coordinator is responsible for modeling proper and efficient harvest techniques, noticing problems as they arise and correcting them, and helping to maintain rigorous quality standards, managing and overseeing market gear, signage etc., and coordinating the scheduling of market staff. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and organized, conversationally fluent in Spanish, good at time management, and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
– Working closely with farm owner to coordinate harvest for 6-8 weekly farmers markets, restaurant orders, and collaborating with the CSA coordinator to coordinate CSA harvest
– Communicating harvest goals to the crew (in English and Spanish)
– Managing and overseeing the post-harvest handling of crops while maintaining rigorous quality standards
– Harvest and sales record keeping
– Aiding in harvest, prep, and packing of produce
– Lead one farmers’ market/week
– Manage and oversee market equipment and coordinate market staffing
Applications accepted until position is filled.
To apply please send resume, including two references, and a cover letter that includes responses to the following questions to Teresa at [email protected]
1. Thoroughly describe your previous farming experience (name, type of farm, your responsibilities).