We are currently accepting applications for the positions below.
Full-time Tractor Operator
We are seeking a hard-working and inspired individual to join our team of tractor operators for the 2022 season. The person works closely with the farm owners and a small team of seasoned operators to manage 75 acres of field production, from primary tillage through to harvest, for a wide diversity of crops. This is a unique opportunity to gain further experience with the function and utilization of various tractors and implements on a mid-size farm scale by working alongside experienced farmers.
Applicants must also be willing to drive to and lead a weekend farmers market.
Pay: $18-20+/hour depending on experience ($35-40K annually), with health insurance and dental benefits, 1 week paid vacation, paid sick days, and food from the farm. Raise reviews occur every 6 months. Housing on site may be available.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Performing various stages of tractor work [spading, discing, ripping, bed making, cultivating, seeding, fertilizing, spraying, mowing, grading, mechanical transplanting, mechanical harvesting and other related tasks]
– Maintaining detailed records of inputs, plantings and other field activities
– Work closely with the Irrigation Manager to coordinate field moisture & tractor work
– Basic maintenance of tractors, including daily inspections and bi-annual servicing.
– Lead a Farmers’ Market 1x weekly
– During the CSA season (May-November), joining a team of 12 people to pack 750+ customized CSA boxes weekly.
– Errand runs once or twice a month
– This position requires at least one year experience operating a range of equipment on a row-crop farm.
– Must have experience with the care of mechanical equipment. Mechanical servicing skills and metalworking are a plus.
– Good communication skills and an ability to self manage are critical
– Experience in customer service and with farmers’ market sales
– Basic communication in Spanish
– We are looking for someone willing to give a minimum two year commitment
– Ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform repetitive tasks
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
To apply please send a resume, including two references, and a cover letter to Mike at [email protected] or P.O. Box 527, Pescadero, CA 94060.
Please visit our website to learn more about our operation.
Flower Production Manager
This position is a year-round, Tuesday-Saturday or Wed-Sunday full time managerial staff position
Pay: Commensurate with experience ($18/hr-$21/hr) + Health insurance, Dental option, 2 weeks
paid vacation, possibilities for longer unpaid leave in the Winters.
The Flower Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the production, harvest, and sales for
our organic flower operation. The position requires supervising 2-3 native Spanish speakers daily.
Qualifications: This position is ideal for someone who is willing to commit at least 2 years, has
leadership/managerial skills, solid production experience, a demonstrated passion for flowers, and is
ready to take on significant responsibility. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and organized, has
at least 2 years of relevant production experience. This means a solid knowledge of propagation and
growing of a diverse assortment of flowers, harvest & post-harvest handling techniques, and creative
arranging experience & skill. The candidate must also be good at time management, enjoy working
in a dynamic and fast paced working environment, and be able to communicate with Spanish-
Applications accepted through Mar 1st 2022
To apply please send a resume including two references, and a cover letter that includes responses to
the following questions to Maggi at [email protected]
1. Thoroughly describe your previous pertinent farming experience (name, type of farm, your
2. What is your experience in sales? Management?
3. Tell us about your work style and communication style. What kind of boss gets the best work out
of you? How do you deal with conflict?
4. What are your future goals?
5. Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?