Beet Fudge Ingredients:
1 cup of chopped steamed beets
1/2 tsp liquid stevia
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup softened coconut butter + 1 tablespoon
2 tbsp water
Dark Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut nectar (maple, agave or honey)
1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Skin and chop your beets, and steam until tender.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
3. For the coconut butter, soften it first before measuring out 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon.
4. Blend until smooth and creamy. This works best if all ingredients are at room temperature.
5. Pour into your pan of choice.
6. Set in freezer or fridge for 3-5 hours, or until firm to touch.
7. Cut into slices and carefully remove.
1. Gather ingredients into a large bowl and stir well.
2. Drizzle chocolate sauce over your beet fudge pieces with a spoon.
If you have any leftovers, store in refrigerator for 5-6 days.
Recipe adapted from Purely Twins
Photo credit: CSA member, Lea Krutel